Monday 28 January 2013

Cutisms

Xavi: Why am I lying next to you?

Me: Because you've having mi.

Xavi: Like a cow? I'm a cow. Mooooo mooooo.

----------------------------

Xavi started listing the things that fly while we were reading the Snowman. "Birds fly, butterflies fly. Witches fly. And their brooms. The long thing. Dragonflies fly. Sometimes snowmen and little boys fly." and then we talked about it a little and then, "Bees fly, mosquitos have wings, they fly. And my Gormito with wings, he flies too."

----------------------------

Nonna is a signora. She don't have a stick. Sometimes signoras have sticks and sometimes no.

----------------------------

Elias? Well he's just a bundle of sweet covered in an angry coating at the moment. But boy when he does say something, it's good. The other day he insisted I look for his little black car that "you put in the pocket of your black jacket when we went to Milan". That was two or so months ago. So I looked in all the pockets of my black jackets to no avail. But he insisted and insisted. Finally I dug in the pockets again and lo, there was a hole in one pocket and guess what was in the lining? The little black car. I then sat Elias down and said look, you're good, you're right and you need to make sure that you insist if you think you're right. Choose your words and your tone and your approach and don't let up until you convince them. OK I used simpler words but that was the message.

Love my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment